Tuesday, May 13, 2008

If today were a macaroon, it would melt in my mouth. Whatever that means...

  • The neighbors' new parrot hangs in a large bird cage on their porch and makes odd squacks and caws. It's an annoying yet amusing creature.
  • The neighbor girl (same house) and her friend practice their cheerleading in their front yard (sans pom poms--it took me a while to figure out WHAT they were doing).
  • An old lady getting her mail said 'hi' to me while I was riding my bike. It was so unexpected that I nearly steered myself off of the sidewalk.
  • The too-helpful employee at 'Schmiant' Grocery Store tried to show me how to use the self-checkout machine (yes! I scanned my items! I'm a big girl & I can check my own groceries! Argghh...)
  • I did a 'happy pony' dance in my front yard. Our neighbors aren't the only kooky ones.
  • My marigolds!!!
  • Mom's irises!!!
  • Monsoon season took a break today to let in some sunshine & generally gorgeous weather.
  • SATs are over baby! OVER!!!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I LOVE irises! What color are your moms?

I liked this post! :)

Snorkle said...

oh dear! That might have been quite embarrassing. The nice lady says hi and you are so stunned you run off into the curve and go sailing over your bicycle and fall onto the hard ground...